Saturday, June 23, 2007

A fish story . . .




I went fishing yesterday for the first time in years, proving that fishing is about dumb luck, not entirely dependent on skill! Here's what I caught. Dad said it was 15.5 inches. My dad, mom, and 2 cousins/friends of my dad's went out on Mom and Dad's new pontoon on Lake Wapogaset north of Amery Wisconsin. We didn't catch a lot, but we got some really large sunfish, and a keeper northern and a perch. The sunfish and my large mouth bass were the highlights of the day! They've headed back up there again today.

The redhead is my youngest Niece, who was grossed out and oddly fascinated by my catch(as was I!).

(I must confess, I did not take it off the hook, and only touched it to take this picture. It was cleaned this morning and is waiting for me in my parent's freezer. I hate touching wriggling slimy fish and worms. I did do a lot of worms, though. )

5 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Anonymous said...

Nice fish you have there. The best kind of fish is one that's already cleaned, beheaded, cooked, and lying on my plate with a sprig of parsley.

Pink Icing said...

Blimey it looks huge...!!

Beverly said...

Congratulations!! I think I can identify with your niece. I love the picture where she has this "ewww!" look, but is still reaching out to touch the fish!

Anonymous said...

Great pics- I'll have to mention to the amaze-za-zing vern about your fish post. He likes fish.

jen said...

Waiting...and watching for the promised post....or will that promise be just another "fish story"? It was good to talk to you, bummer it was under such terrible circumstances.