Thursday, June 5, 2008

anti-climax

Well, it's finally here. What I've been waiting for for months, 9 of them to be specific, summer vacation. I should be crazy excited, shouldn't I? It seems to be a polar opposite. I've found that I'm actually sad and a bit depressed. I still don't know where I'm moving to at the end of the month, and right now, I'm wallowing in my flesh and am crabby and stressed by that. I HATE apartment searching. Especially on a deadline. I'd like to get a nice one, perhaps even cookie-cutter, with decent proportions and utilities included, for a reasonable price.

I don't know if I'll teach summer school because the local school district hasn't gotten back to me. I sent an email to the HR manager. His wonderful secretary assured me a week or two ago that either he or another administrator would be calling me soon . . .

I've been very busy, helping people move, trying to organize my apartment(not too hard) and maintaining my normal evenings. I've done my dishes, gone to the doctor and began to drain my 50 gallon aquarium in exchange for a 10 gallon (waaay easier to move!). The fish are all transferred, but the big guy is still 3/4 full. It'll take muscle and ambition to finish, and I don't seem to have either right now! I'd also like to figure out where to put the small one before I fill it up. I feel guilty doing this, though, until I know where I'm moving to!

I've found a home for my guinea pig, which makes life easier. I've done laundry, although it needs to be put away. I'm going camping this weekend, which is an added pressure right now, instead of the joy it's supposed to be! I must change my perspective soon! I hate being like this, and know it's a vicious downward spiral!

I'd better get back to the apartment search. Phone calls to be made! I'll feel so much better, I think, once I find a place!

Amanda

2 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Pink Icing said...

I think you're right, having a place you can call home is quite stablising. It can be disruptive not knowing what the future holds for the larger things in life.

I wish you speed and best wishes in your search. It'll be worth the wait I'm sure

whimsical brainpan said...

Good luck with the search!