Friday, June 13, 2008

Is it summer?

Hi kids! I've hereby accomplished all I wanted to for the summer. On Monday I registered for a Motorcycle Safety class. For a small fee, you can learn to ride a cycle using motorcycles that are provided for you. You learn to ride, pass their bike test and written test and then you walk into the DMV, take their test and they print you out a Class M motorcycle license! I took the class Wednesday and Thursday and was able to go and pass my test today! If this really is the highlight of my summer, the rest is going to drag.

And yes, I plan to get a bike. And NO, a scooter is not really a bike. Please don't insult me!

I'm working for summer school after all. 3 weeks of being the lowest paid employee in the building. They managed to miss me in the hiring process. The only position they had left was a paraeducator. Don't get me wrong, I worked as a para for 6 years, and it was fine, but I taught summer school for the last 2 years. Taught. You know, made the big bucks! When I worked as a para the other summers, I made my standard wage, which was okay(not what the position is worth, but okay). Now, I'm no longer a district employee and will be making entry level pay. I don't need the money, and almost turned it down, but really- what else would I do those 3 weeks? Half days for 3 four day weeks. I can handle it. A little extra spending money and a big dish of humility!

I still don't know what the future holds for the end of the month! I'm moving . . . somewhere!

A

4 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Anonymous said...

Wanna move here? :)

A said...

I hear that theres a nice house available not too far from you! :)

A

Unknown said...

Motorcycle? Wear a helmet. If you don't, and my son sees you, he'll shout, "SHE'S NOT WEARING A HELMET!" really loudly.

Pink Icing said...

good luck, from the bottom of my heart

And if you read my earlier Blog entries you really will know why.........