Sunday, August 24, 2008

Seriously.

Seriously. I still have crickets.

Seriously. Summer is over, I have a scheduling meeting tomorrow and inservice and classroom time scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Seriously.

Seriously, I walked around the back of my apartment today and stopped to check out some of the items left by previous tenants. A nice table top gas grill? I think I'll open it up and see what shape it's in. And peering back at me are several pair of beady little eyes. After steeling myself up to knock over this newfound mouse condominium, I discovered that these prolific little buggers are, well . . . prolific. Seriously, more than a dozen? Seriously. And they all RAN. FOR. THE. BUILDING!!! Had you been out back of my building today, you'd have peed yourself laughing! One dove into the window well of the basement apartment, so I had to fish him out with a stick, well, at least chase him out. He later ran up the side of the stucco building, right up to the roof line, where he stopped and hung out for a while. Others ran for my weber grill that was laying on the ground and others ran for my potting soil and still others ran for my neighbors fake lawn indoor/outdoor carpet in the natural shade of grass green. I chased them all away from my immediate area anyway(read: I REALLY hope I chased them all away!).

Seriously. I have just added more certainty to my suspicion that I was shorted a weeks worth of pay from summer school. I'm in the odd position of being a recent employee, but not a current one for that district, so I can't access my pay stub online like I used to be able to do. I was also in the position of needing to fill out a time card for a position that I should have been punching the time clock for. I think one of the weeks got lost. Seriously? How cool would that extra added little bonus be now? It would have probably been cooler if I'd been able to use it to buy food this last month. SERIOUSLY!

Anyway, I'd seriously better go now. Seriously. I've got so much to cram into this last night of summer . . . see you again real soon! SERIOUSLY!

A

1 are still reading for some reason . . .:

jen said...

SERIOUSLY!!!!