Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Heart Break Kid

I think this year is going to be even more difficult than I thought. Working with a volatile special education crew, supervising people in ways I haven't before, and working with the Heart Break Kid, a poster child for everything dark and evil in the world. Devastating. Then there is the Master Manipulator. It was a full moon, but we won. At the end of the day, we won. Math was done, our HB worked out stuff with his teacher, sanity was maintained. Some humorous stories in the meantime. Although, in the world of special ed, we have a sense of humor like no other! Perhaps I'll tell some stories some day to test my theory . . . Not today, though, because my hands hurt too much from holding kids, door knobs (not the students) and having a student try to split and twist my fingers like a wish bone. My fingers are intact, said student was suspended. Like I said, we won!

Beat, and beat up.

Yours,
A

4 are still reading for some reason . . .:

whimsical brainpan said...

OUCH!

I don't know how regular teachers do it much less those who teach special ed.

Adrienne said...

Wow! I can't believe you do that day to day. I used to work with special ed preschoolers in a group therapy setting, and it was HARD!! I can't imagine doing it with older and bigger kids! You will be strong by the end of the year!

A said...

Strong, Adrienne? I'll settle for sane and/or alive!


Whims- I think that about my job sometimes, but then I think it about my parents' factory jobs, and, well, pretty much any job! I helped in a regular ed class today and it was fun, but at least my job isn't as mundane! (of course, that can mean no prep, no lunch, no sanity, etc!!!!)

S.B.G. said...

one last plea...join Facebook :-)
no this is not a paid advertisement or to ask you to leave the blog world either :-),