Monday, September 22, 2008

I drove by an accident today on my way home from work. I couldn't watch close enough to see what happened, but my friend who was riding with me could observe more closely. They were directing traffic around and gawkers were slowing down trying to see. My friend only observed that it was a bicycle laying down near a car. A reporter was on the scene taking pictures from the frontage road. We'd hoped that they were merely overreacting, but to no avail. Kind of gives me the willies knowing that someone was laying there dead as I was rushing to get home from work. Kind of puts things in a new perspective, doesn't it?

I hope that you Mondays went well.

A

3 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Adrienne said...

A year later, I still have the image of a man on a stretcher with a white sheet stretched over him being put into the back of an ambulance. It made me realize how fleeting life is, and how fast things can change. I praise God for reassurance of LIFE and not having to be fearful of death!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,
This is related to your comment on my blog. Shane is working at a University in Vermont doing something like social/schedule coordinating for various campus facilities. He likes it out there and still comes out west to visit family.
Caroline

Anonymous said...

Wow- I mean wow!!! I heard about that accident on the news. Freaky that someone I know was actually there and witnessed it. It kinda brings the "news" a little close to home. Sometimes it's a little too easy to hear about tragedy and death on the news and write it off as "that's them" and it's harder to think "that could be me".