Thursday, April 12, 2007

Sick as Hell . . .(beyond heck, even)

I thought of Dani-hermi and her hubby Wednesday morning. Did you know that we used to all live in the same house before they got married? Dani and I lived on the women's floor and Hubby was a basement dweller. Poor basement dweller. We liked him anyway . . .

Anyway- As I began brushing my teeth(a regular occurrence) I had a visitor(not-so-regular-of-occurrence!). A HUGE silverfish came running out of no where in my sink. I didn't see where he came from, but I quickly began the chore of drowning it, REALLY not wanting to have to squish it. Unfortunately, it was hard to kill and when it did die? It wouldn't fit down the drain. I'm not kidding. I had to fill the sink way up and pray for gravity's help. When I realized that it wasn't going down easily, I tried to scoop it back out with a wad of toilet paper, but by then it was wedged. Yuck. I tried to find a picture for you, but couldn't find one that accurately showed the long curling tendrils and legs . . . and besides that, I was getting creeped out, all itchy and shuddery. I really don't like those little guys . . .

Thank you God for gravity and plumbing.

By the way- this is for sure the only one of these buggers living in my house. Now that he's dead, my house is silverfish free. I'm sure of it.

2 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Cacturne said...

You said tendril. Thats like an eight dollar word for most people.

I agree with you on the silverfish grossness for sure. In fact I just shuddered.

Danielle said...

a!!!!!!!!! da memories... those suckers never die. i had an epic battle with one on a dark night long long ago involving broom-squoosh-slaying, boot smacking, the attempted poisoning with every aerosol toxin in the vicinity, drowning...all to no avail. not to scare you, but he's certainly ressurecting in your pipes as we speak..