Monday, December 3, 2007

Seething!

I've spent over an hour on the phone with various Sprint representatives. They've recently changed their payment database to a new system, and for some reason the new system would not accept my debit card. After talking to 6 different people and getting transferred to a department with a 10 minute minimum wait, oh, and GETTING HUNG UP ON! Well, disconnected. Each person has to say- "Thanks for choosing Sprint, and is there anything else we can do for you tonight?" when they have, in fact, not been able to do anything for me in the first time, and I've just expressed my serious and severe dissatisfaction with Sprint. All this at 11:00 is not a good mix(although having them shut off my phone is less preferable!). The final part of the phone call resulted in me telling the man, in as polite of a manner as I could muster, that I was hanging up, because if I had to listen to one more representative say those words that they were required to say, when I've just told each person along the way how dissatisfied I was with Sprint that I was going to lose it. Since they seem to have resolved the problem and person 4 or 5 got the debit card to work as credit (after person 3 or 4 thought that my card was frozen or that because I'd paid for gas that they may have put a $75 hold on my account) and somewhere along the way they seem to have gotten the system to accept my card, I said good night and hung up the phone.

Now that I've vented, thanks for listening!, I'm off to bed. So tired . . .

And the moral of the story, boys and girls? Always put off till tomorrow what could have been resolved at 11:00pm today! Or skip Sprint.

(Jeez- do I sound a little bitter? It really has been an ongoing thing, since the very beginning! If you want more details, leave me a comment and I'll oblige- hey- no need for other people to suffer, too! I can't quietly drop them without a 150 buck fine, but I can help others not get in the same sinking boat!)

Good night.

3 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Unknown said...

Oh, man. Sorry. You handled it a lot better than I would. I would have broken something.

Adrienne said...

Oh Amanda! We feel your pain!! We got SO fed up with Sprint that we ended up paying $300 to not have their service. We HATED Sprint....our phones would not work in our neighborhood and would disconnect randomly (especially when it was a really important phone call). We are extremely happy with Verizon now. I think all the readers of your blog should come together and raise the $150 so you can get rid of Sprint! I'll put $5 in!!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I have had similar run ins with Cingular....each one making me consider justifiable homicide!

Glad you got it all fixed.....consider that a small victory!