Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Thanksgiving . . .

I came down with the stomach bug that my loving family previously infected me with on Wednesday. I woke up feeling grim, and it just got worse. After nearly losing it during my doctor's appointment(NOT for this darn bug) I motored through the grocery store, knowing what was coming and needing Sprite and popsicles. NEEDING!! I rushed in, found those 2 items and rushed out. My manners to the cashier were sadly lacking, as were my manners to my doctors, the nurses, and the people who changed my oil earlier in the day. I spent much of my doctor's appointment with my eyes closed, fighting the nausea. He, the wonderful doctor that he is, agreed to finish the appointment by phone on Friday, and home I went. When he called Friday, I'd made it to my parent's and my cell service was lacking and so my phone chose not to ring. He called again later, and commented that he'd had visions of me laying in a heap on my bathroom floor dying. I LOVE that guy. I felt better after Wednesday evening and by early afternoon Thursday determined to head the the family even. I managed to eat a minimal turkey dinner, and spent that evening and all day Friday glued to the couch and cable television. My mom has since gotten this bug, as has my dad. Gross. I'm not entirely recovered, but promptly back to 85%. Can't really complain . . . well, maybe a little!

Hope your Thanksgiving Days were less eventful and healthier!

A

2 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Anonymous said...

That's awful. The flu is one thing nobody is thankful for. Hope you are 100% by the end of today. Take care.

whimsical brainpan said...

(((HUGS)))

Feel better soon!