Thursday, August 16, 2007

I start . . .

I start my new job tomorrow. We're getting together as a department at 8:00AM. Yep, AM. Back to school always kicks my butt hard. I'm a night owl by nature and it always just seems to happen that I find myself not going to bed until 3:00AM when I'm on vacation. This will be the first challenge, going to bed at a semi-reasonable time of night. I must start tonight, as I have to leave home by 6:45AM. I will be doing a lot of driving this year. Yikes. I bought an FM transmitter on Ebay so that I can listen to CDs or mp3s along the way. I am fortunate to be able to download bible teaching by oodles of teachers from church for free. I will hopefully be able to increase that part of my knowledge, as well as my school knowledge this year!

I had to find my social security card tonight, and my teaching license. I'm curious, taking a little poll I guess. Do you have a specific location for your important documents? Could you walk right directly into your house and pick up your passport and social security card, in case you needed to flee the country immediately for some reason? (If you have any stored at a bank, HA! I can leave the country faster and won't have to wait until business hours! I realize that I am a disorganized, cluttered kind of person and am striving to join the "grown up" world and organize and declutter. I was just wondering if I'm the only one? (Lizard Princess- I know where you stand! No smart alec remarks, mmkay?)

I must go to bed, 5:45 will come especially early on the first morning!

A

3 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Pink Icing said...

Hope the new job went okay. As for me, well I always NEED to know where my passport is, in case I need to slip away! It isn't always in the same place mind you. We don't have social security cards in the UK....well yet, they're trying to get an ID card system up and running but the only country in the world that won't recognise it is the USA.....!! The UK drivers licence is in 2 parts and I can never find 2 parts at the same time

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the new job. Can't wait to read all about it.

I have a good tip for important cards and papers. I scanned them into the computer then also burned them onto a CD along with a list of contact phone numbers such as the bank or government.

That way if you ever lost your wallet or passport, or car registration, etc etc you can always get the phone number to report the loss right away and also the numbers and other pertinent info. Actually I think I'll do a post on this tip.

A said...

Tanie- I knew about the 2 parts of your DL. My friend is British and I remember her having similar issues! I would expect you would have more need of your passport than we would, just in case you wanted to hop on the ferry and afternoon in France or some such thing! I didn't even get my passport until I was 25 or so, when I went to visit England! Nice to hear from you!

Babzy- That is a great idea. If my house burned down or if my stuff was stolen that would be a great backup!

Now that I've found my Social Security card, I must remember to put it back! I actually did have it somewhere "safe". Problem seems to be that I always remember putting that stuff somewhere safe, but can never quite remember where that "safe" place was!