Thursday, August 23, 2007

It's moist . . .

Looking out my window at 3:00am, I can barely make out the street light meant to be illuminating the street in front of my house. There are reports of dense fog warnings throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin. As I peer out my window, I think whoever noticed this and made those warnings up was actually pretty darn smart! I'm not driving anywhere tonight or tomorrow morning, so I'm okay with this. The air is excessively moist though, feeling quite clammy and sticky, even indoors. I am the queen of strategically placed fans, in the hopes of bringing in the cool night air and cooling my apartment down as efficiently as humanly possible. Tonight, however, as I took the fan out of my bedroom window to close the blind, I noticed drops of water across the screen behind the fan. It hadn't been raining, so I though it odd. I walked out to my kitchen and noticed the same strange occurrence there. On the screen behind the window fan were little droplets of water, and only on that part of the screen. I turned the fan to exhaust and it promptly dried away most of the little drops. I had to try one last time. Within minutes of turning the fan to intake, water droplets had begun to reform! My theory is that the moisture of the outside air is condensing on the fan as the air is pulled through. If anyone knows of a more scientific theory about my pet water droplets, feel free to add to my limited, 3:30 in the morning brain!

I'm off to sleep now, hope I don't drown in this gosh-darn humidity!

A

6 are still reading for some reason . . .:

S.B.G. said...

now I've heard of night owls and I consider myself one from time to time but 3AM??? LOL

A said...

Ahh, truly the last of a good summer vacation . . . I can't resist staying up excessively late! Angelly came over after church and we worked on a project that I'm trying to finish for my old classroom. I want to finish it so I can turn in my keys!

A

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with your scientific discovery. It makes perfect sense. The fan was pulling moisture out of the outside air and it got caught on the screen.

Either that or THE FOG is trying to GET YOU, to SWALLOW YOU, to TAKE YOU away and you'll never be seen again.

BWAAAAAHHHHHHHH

whimsical brainpan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whimsical brainpan said...

That is puzzleing...

Maybe you should wear a snorkel to bed. :-)

Em said...

Wow, you know the humidity is high, eh? LOL

You left a question on my blog...asking what I teach. I'm a special education teacher. Though I've been out of the classroom for a few years doing professional development. So now I teach the teachers. LOL