Wednesday, January 16, 2008

So Wrong . . .

I saw on CNN that an autopsy on Ike Turner ruled his death in December to be from cocaine overdose. Now- I'm not that eloquent, especially at 9:30 at night, but I have to conclude that the death of a 76 year old man by cocaine overdose is sad. What a waste of a life. By 76, I guess I expect that people have sowed those "wild oats" per se, and have settled down(like for 40 years already!). If I am still running circles around my own sinful nature at that point, I pray that the Lord will take me out! I somehow expect that I will be on the downhill side over that battle in my life. Well on the road to accomplishing all that I want to accomplish in my life. Winding down, or even still going strong. In July I'll be meeting some retired missionaries who are operating an international Bible ministry. They are translating and shipping out Bible materials all over the globe! I hope that I am still going as strong at that age!

2 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Unknown said...

He took cocaine and lived until he was 76? Really? Is that possible?

Sad life Ike Turner led. Sad indeed.

Little Wing said...

Very sad indeed.
I guess he just never 'got it'.....
Nice blog you have here, by the way!