Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Beware: Political-ish comment ahead!

I rarely invite politics into my blog, and even more rarely comment politically on other's blogs or even in person. I have some rumblings inside that may be gas, or may be a political-ish post. We'll see. For now- just a quick comment. The news just commented on his personal financial investment in this race. To the tune of $35 million dollars that he has invested from his own savings.

Now- I have not investigated many candidates, but especially not Mr. Romney. With all due respect, I know enough about him and his beliefs that I know how I will vote in regards to him, should he get that far. But $35 Million? This man had $35 MILLION sitting around in his savings account? I hardly have $35 DOLLARS in my savings. Either this man is doing something really wrong, or he's doing something really right. Either way, this makes me doubt his ability to relate to me. Perhaps I've missed something . . .

Am I the only one with questions about this? I'll go research and perhaps I'll be back.

There- done with politics for the night. Maybe.

A

5 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Unknown said...

Uh, yeah. Mitt Romney has $35 million sitting around. That guy is loaded. He used to be a hedge fund manager before he got into politics. He'll be OK. He won't go poor.

whimsical brainpan said...

Rommney is filthy rich and can afford to run as long as he wants. I just hope he doesn't get the nomination.

Pink Icing said...

I remain bemused by American politics....

Hope Walls said...

I dunno - politics at that level has traditionally been a place for the well-heeled. Being a Canuck, the US presidential race is something I watch from afar as I'm ineffectual what with not having citizenship and a vote and all, so I'll refrain from whipping up a debate over it; however, I mistrusted people with seemingly scandalous amounts of money for a long time, and sometimes still do. But I do have a couple of friends who are filthy rich, who have since become dear friends of mine, and you know what? It wouldn't matter if they had $35 dollars or $35 million in the bank - they'd both still just be really nice people.

Money can be so confusing and intimidating, hey?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ticblog is here! What a small world.