Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Deviance . . .

Spring is here. Really. Well, it will be soon. Okay, so maybe we'll have another snow storm this week. Maybe we'll have a couple more. Sub zeros, maybe. Perhaps spring will never arrive. It's gonna be winter forever! FOREVER!!!! Oh WHOA IS ME!!! La Nina is going to dump more snow and bury me! I've had it with winter. This stinks.

I am obviously fed up with winter. On Super Bowl Sunday I began a new grilling season. It had been a while, my gas grill was buried in the snow, and grilling required breaking a sweat to dig out the controls and a place to stand. I didn't get it quite level though, and strained my Achille's tendon standing in the snow bank in front of the grill. Tonight I hit the grill again. It would be easier if snow would stop dumping on our porch, lawn and driveway so that my neighbors would stop be able to stop adding to the pile. I understand that there is no other place left for the snow! Today I grilled while squatting down in the ever rising bank. I had to kick at the knobs with my snow boot to break them free to turn them on! Some people give up grilling for the winter . . . but not this good Wisconsin girl! Mmmm, barbecue can't be beat, even in February!

BTW- I'd post a picture, but my camera sucks, and it's hard to take pictures in the dark! Because, yep, it was dark as I was a-grillin'!

What did you all have for supper? (Hey- I need ideas!)

A

5 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Em said...

Grilling in the snow...I'm impressed. My wife always thinks that would be a good idea. But then, she likes it cause I would be standing in the snow while she was making side dishes in a toasty warm kitchen.

Pink Icing said...

I tried indoor grilled lamb chops the other night - bit of a disaster as you read....
Never been very good at outdoor recipes. More an indoor stew and veg sort of gal....
Have fun

whimsical brainpan said...

Woman you are nuts!

Unknown said...

I have a covered deck that enables me to grill all winter. And I do. So in the middle of January I'm in my hat and coat and I'm grilling. I REFUSE TO GIVE IN TO WINTER!!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

We don't even have winter here! It snowed about 1/4 of an inch 6 years ago....I think.


We can't get rid of the rain! UGH!

Oh...and today the high was 80 degrees...tomorrow it is 50! No wonder we can't stay well! :)