Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I am . . .

I am a Barista! Yep, this means that I operate an espresso machine at a coffeehouse. (I make a mean mocha if you're ever in Wisconsin!) I only work one day a week, after church Sundays, but I love it! Making drinks is my favorite thing to do on my shift! Yippee! that I get to do it for now! Now, I have known that there is a term for me for some time, but I was reminded of it in a memo I got on my email. Today, I must say that it provides a wonderful balance to all the other names I've been called! It was a wild and crazy day at work, with every one's screws seemingly coming loose all at once! I won't repeat those, or my blog would move up to a more restrictive rating! I had the idea today while one of my boys was screaming insults at the people around him that he should have to write a list of sincere positive comments to try to restore the relationships he damages in his anger and jealousy and to try to restore some balance. It's probably a little much for a third grader, but it makes me think that I should remind myself of the nice names and titles that I hold, just to balance it all out!

And so . . . daughter, aunt, sister, friend, daughter of the King(hence, Princess!), child of God, disciple, teacher, coworker, loved . . . .

Now, if any one has anything nice to hear, I'm blatantly fishing for compliments here! If you don't have anything nice to say? Say it on somebody else's blog!

Love,
Amanda

1 are still reading for some reason . . .:

angely said...

Confidant, supporter, motivator, restrictor (for the chronically and woefully impulsive (WWAD)), example (sometimes) listener, servant, slave, wench (when you most definately need to be)...lol...love ya sis.

Yep, blogging at work...its my once in 5 years 15 minute break.