Friday, March 7, 2008

I got dumped!

Well, left anyway. Left on the side of the road by my not-so-lovely Taurus. I had just gotten on the road to start my journey to work this morning and after accelerating onto the on ramp to the freeway, it seemingly shifted into neutral and stayed there. It runs, but it doesn't go! No matter where I moved the shifter, it wouldn't actually shift the car. The RPMs go up and the engine revs, but she's not moving! (Yeah, like anyone who reads my blog actually cares about car details?) My uneducated guess is that the transmission went out and that it's gone baby gone!

The good news is that I have been looking for a new car for a couple of weeks and am pre-approved for a car loan and so it's not a major shock! The bad news is that I don't have my own transport to and from car dealerships, etc . . . although my parents are loaning me one of their vehicles, as dad just had knee surgery and isn't working for a couple of weeks. They are able to survive with one vehicle for a time. He found a 2005 Ford Focus, fully loaded, I think! for a little more than I hoped to spend, but it only has 15,000 miles on it, and is from a dealer we know! I think I might be able to pay a little bit more knowing all that. Our new contract just got voted in this morning, so I should get a small amount of pay increase, and the dealer might even take my old car as a trade for parts!

All things considered, it was pretty good timing. I'm glad it was on a Friday, and super-blessed that I hadn't actually gotten on the freeway. If I hadn't stopped at the gas station for those donuts, (something I promise I never do!) I would have been a few miles or more on my way! Thank God for His timing! Fridays are better than other days, because it gives me a little time and a weekend to work with! No panicking that way!

If my coworkers read my blog, they'd have some exciting stories for you about today, as they weren't able to get a sub for me! If I'd been sick, I think I would have considered leaving my deathbed to avoid that! I guess I shouldn't have joked to my principal about staying home with strep throat today, huh? Of course, strep throat would be preferable to the $75.00 towing charge and the extra added stress!

Well, I hope your day started a little more gently! Anyone have anything exciting?

Have a fantastic weekend!

Amanda

0 are still reading for some reason . . .: