Sunday, March 16, 2008

Updates.

My dad is still in the hospital. They're keeping him on bed rest and feeding him what ever he wants. It's like room service, except blander! Hopefully they'll let him out tomorrow. It takes a while for his blood to get to the proper thin-ness. He'll have to give himself shots twice a day for a while, and then he'll switch to the pill version. Yuck. He's also giving up smoking . . . again. My mom won't even consider it AT. ALL. It's almost impossible for him to quit and stay quit with her smoking like a chimney. She's pretty selfish about it, too.

I am still enjoying my new car. Very fun to drive! I'll break 16,000 tomorrow.

It's a four day week this week, the first of two four day weeks, in fact! I have Friday and next Monday off for Easter and a cheap spring break! I hope that this week flies by. Sometimes it is the short weeks that hit you the hardest! The kids get really wound up . . . it is after all the first day we'll have had off since Christmas except one snow day!

Have a fantastic week!
Amanda

4 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Anonymous said...

That's too bad your Mom is so stubborn about smoking. It's a very powerful addiction but there are things available now such as the patch and nicotine gum as well as Zyban which is a common anti-anxiety used to treat withdrawal symptoms. But the person has to want to quit or nothing will work. It's hard. Hopefully she will smoke outside for your Dad's sake until he's over the craving.

Beba said...

Hi Amanda! I haven't been around pretty long, i hope you are doing well! God bless you

whimsical brainpan said...

I'm glad your Dad is getting better and sorry that your Mom won't quit smoking.

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I hope your father is doing better. My mother-in-law is the exact same way about smoking...she admits it is bad for her...but has no desire to quit....NONE!

I cannot wait until spring break....and I agree....the short weeks can be brutal! :)