Sunday, March 9, 2008

Why, oh why?

Why, oh why can I not go paperless? I spent a solid hour today filing papers that have come in the mail that for months pile up unopened. Open, file, open, file. I must have opened 5 bills from my student loan people. Bank account print outs? Credit card bills? Sprint? I never, well, rarely open my mail. When a bill requires paying in person or via snail mail, it is almost certain to be late. It' s painful really. I think every creditor/biller should have an internet pay option. Well, then? Why can't I seem to let go and go paperless? Less paper, better for the environment. Less clutter, better home environment. Less mail, more likely to see the important things! Less paper clutter, less guilt when I finally throw it away!

Someday when I am dead, someone is going to have to go through it all and throw it away. Pity the fool!

I am pleased as punch that I was able to transfer my high interest rate credit card (computer purchase) to my other zeroed (existing) Citibank card with 0% APR. I've known for some time that I needed to do a balance transfer. I've been paying on the computer monthly, and the balance isn't outrageous, but the balance seems to be growing instead of decreasing thanks to the high interest rate! I'd like to be able to make some progress! Perhaps if I had done this a few months ago when the rate skyrocketed I'd have it paid off! Why, oh why didn't I do this before?

Happy Daylight Savings! I hope we all enjoy it as much in the dark of morning . . . (just call me Negative Nelly!)

Car update: I'm leaning towards a Ford Focus. Did I talk about it Friday? 2005, 15,000 miles. Dealer with a fantastic reputation . . . Not quite the gas mileage I'd have liked, and a little more than I wanted to spend, but it seems like I will be able to handle it . . .

Amanda

0 are still reading for some reason . . .: