Friday, March 21, 2008

Ahh, the weekend!

I really can't remember ever being quite so excited for, or in need of, a break. A mere long weekend, but hey, I won't complain (here, out loud!). I have Friday and Monday off, a four day weekend! Yippee! The kids have been going a little crazy! As have the staff! We've only had one snow day since Christmas break. The kids have had one or two early releases, but not enough to keep us all sane!

I'm going to Action City(where the fun never stops!) tomorrow night with some friends from church. I'm taking my nieces, 14 and 11. Strangely, my sister wants to come, too. I hope that it will be fun for all. Anyone want to place bets on if she comes or not? Sorry to be so cynical, but we'll see, won't we?

Dad got home on Monday and is doing okay. He's still in quite a bit of pain, though.

Conan O'Brien is on right now and his musical guest is fascinating. It's a woman who is wonderful! I can't understand her name, though. Elanen Yahee? Yes, I'm sure its not anywhere close to that! She's obviously foreign or at least her name is of foreign descent. Hmm, I'll have to do some research. Her song is on the popular music channels, and is quite unique! Yael Naim? Jeepers, no wonder I can't understand her name, it's one I've never heard before! Her performance was amazing, and quite fun. She looked like she was having fun and made direct eye contact and a smile! This is the song she was singing, but she apparently sings a wide variety of songs, like this one, or this one or even this one!! After doing a little research, I was right about the foreign part, she is an Israeli, born in Paris. (her website is here).

I'm off to bed . . .


Love,
A

0 are still reading for some reason . . .: