Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ichabod . . .

Ichabod, the glory has departed . . . well the air freshener has departed, anyway. I've moved it to my new car (actually I just bought a new fresh one!). The "fresh linen" smell has moved with me to my new car! I've moved the essentials now, bought a new holder for my CDs for my new CD player, bought a new bag with which to carry my junk to and from work(it WILL all fit in this bag, no excuses to leave stuff in the car!). I rushed the the credit union yesterday after work (a different branch than the one I met with Saturday!) and then to pick up my mom and then to pick up my car! I spent the weekend contemplating the purchase of a Ford Focus, and once I made the decision on Monday morning, I really wanted to get it as soon as possible. Bless his heart for lending me his car, but my dad smokes like a chimney and his car smelled like an ashtray! Besides the fact that the car has nearly 200,000 miles on it. I'm a bit anxious to see how fuel efficient or fuel inefficient my new car is. If it's less than I hoped, I have the next 5 or 6 years to regret it!

It is a beautiful (no, thank you, I did not say pretty!) car, and is very fun to drive! I loved jamming out to my favorite CDs and listening to Elisabeth Elliot teach on an mp3 on the way home! And of course, I hope I tire of the remote locking and unlocking soon, as even I'll get annoyed with the short little honk when I hit the lock button twice! I'm quite sure I'll never tire of being able to unlock all of my doors at once before I reach the car, instead of trying to juggle all of my stuff and then pitch it all across the front seat only to drag it all back across getting out of my car at work! Could you all remind me of these features next month when I'm trying to budget around my new car payment? Thanks!

Amanda

2 are still reading for some reason . . .:

whimsical brainpan said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your new ride. :-)

Unknown said...

Smokes like a chimney? Great. Now I have the song "Chim Chiminy" from Mary Poppins in my head. How'd that happen?