Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to my darling niece Mikayla! So hard to imagine that she's fourteen already! I remember where exactly I was this morning fourteen years ago. The night before I'd worked a shift at the residential facility where I worked until 9:00pm. It was a Friday night. My older sister had gone into labor already and I desperately wanted to get to the hospital to see my sister and to be there when my very first niece made her grand entrance to this world. One glitch in my plans, though. My little sister was at a teen dance at the old dance hall across the street from our house. I went in to get her, but she wouldn't come with me. I fought long and hard, I begged, I pleaded, I may have even cried, but to no avail. She refused to come out early. She made me wait until that darned dance was over before she'd come with me. What a little pain in the butt she was!

It was a long night for all of us, as Mikayla delayed her grand entrance until 5:54 am. She was born at 6 minutes to 6am on the 26th in 1994, 6 years before the year 2000. Not quite a classic story, but one I remember none the less!

Funny how she's getting older but I'm not . . .

1 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Anonymous said...

Time does fly, don't it? We sound like old farts.