Monday, February 11, 2008

Delerium . . .

4th grader: Only 3 and a half more days 'till lots of stuff goes on sale at Walmart.

Me: (cold induced blank stare) What? What goes on sale?

4th grader: Valentines Day?

Me: Ooohhhh (realization dawns), so do you get all kinds of Halloween candy on sale then?

4th grader: (blank stare.)

4th grader: Ummm . . . . do you mean Valentines Day? Halloween was a really long time ago.

Me: (blank stare- followed by hysterical giggles) Yes! Yes! I do mean Valentines Day!

4th grader: (you guessed it, continued blank stare!)

3 are still reading for some reason . . .:

whimsical brainpan said...

LOL! Are you taking something for your cold?

Pink Icing said...

eeek, blame it all on a high temperature!

A said...

Tanie- I'll blame it all on whatever I can get away with! :) Gotta or they'd think I was nuts!

Whims- I was thinking about taking another sick day!