Thursday, April 24, 2008

Highlight of my day . . . helping my fifth grade niece with fractions over the phone while on my way home in a torrential downpour. Trying not to cross my eyes, or close them, trying to visualize the fractions and their equivalents and the directions. Sweetie, I don't think they are asking you to solve them, just to figure out what number you are multiplying or dividing by to get the equivalent fraction! I was never very good at math, but since I "got it" (maybe in college? or working in a high school?) I don't mind trying to explain it to others, who aren't quite so enlightened (hah!).

My other highlight was finishing up 2 IEPs that have been hanging over my head, due last week! A third one is close behind! Very exciting! It was a strange day, field trips, class plays, absent kids, grade-wide presentations. Just crazy! I'm struggling to find time in that to finish testing a student who has been referred to our program . . . I stopped at the library and stocked up on books on tape for my low readers so that I can have them "reading" tomorrow morning while I test my other student. Creative, huh? I will bring in a couple of CD players and some head phones and turn them loose!

Have a fantastic weekend . . .

1 are still reading for some reason . . .:

jen said...

oh finally you decide to post. i was starting to think you were too good for us.