Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I have needs too!

Right now, I need a standby. At the beginning of the school year we signed up to bring treats for each person in our department's birthday. I deliberately signed up for the END of the year, April 22nd to be specific! The pressure has increased throughout the year as each person has struggled to top the person before them. No pressure, huh? Laurel brought a cream cheese and onion dip with crackers, a sweetened caramel-ly chex mix and, AND! AND! AND! an amazing cream cheese/powdered sugar/brown sugar/toffee bits dip to put on quartered strawberries and grapes. Yeah, so- no pressure, right? Her defense is that "those are my regulars!" or what she makes for everything. Beautiful, elaborate and ooohh-so-tasty! (The birthday girl herself brought a cream cheese chocolate chip spread with graham and chocolate graham sticks and nilla wafers.)

I. DO. NOT. HAVE. A. REGULAR! HELP!

Does anyone have any ideas? My coworker's favorite ingredients are cream cheese, cool whip and chocolate, but I can't duplicate anything that has been done. And it has to be within my time limit and ability, for Pete's sake! Not asking for much, am I? Help!

3 are still reading for some reason . . .:

S.B.G. said...

we used to make this great dessert in the deli-oreo delight, with three of your co-workers faves: cream cheese, cool whip and chocolate. That is a sinfully good treat, one of my faves as well. It also has chocolate pudding in it and we know how everyone hates that. I've made it a lot in my deli days. Lucky me
:-)
Here's one recipe for it that's similar: http://www.recipesource.com/desserts/11/rec1110.html
Best wishes!! Next year do your dessert first....whatever happened to chocolate chip cookies and rice krispie bars. LOL. Ok maybe I've been around kids too long!

And so where's your myspace page, facebook page,etc. come on girl keep with the times. J.K. :-)

jen said...

Have you ever tried Tollhouse pie? It is so incredibly quick and simple. It is basically like a yummy soft choc chip cookie only it is baked in a graham cracker crust. You could top with cool whip or some yummy kind of ice cream. You could make it look even more fancy by putting caramel or shaved chocolate or something like that on top. The recipe is on the Nestle choc chips package or email me and I could dig it up. Seriously takes like 5 mns to put together then the time to cook it.

A said...

Mmm, I feel hungry!

Thanks!

A