Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Some things . . .

Somethings just absolutely scream "BLOG ME, NOW!" and so I must comply, even at 11:00pm. 15 minutes ago I got a phone call from my upstairs neighbor. Our landlord's handy man, Doug, came today to repair the leaky drain that has been dripping down my bathroom ceiling from my upstairs-neighbor's bathroom. He'd failed to close up the hole properly and their cat, Cat, had gotten into the walls. I'd heard some dust hitting the ceiling in my bathroom as I got ready for bed, but thought it was remnants shaken loose from Doug's efforts. I missed the phone call, but called her right back. Her laugh was shaky as she told the story. Throwing some clothes back on, I grabbed a stool and headed upward. I thought that I had heard some noise above my living room. I popped up one of the tiles and began calling. Sure enough, here comes good ol' Catsy peeking over the top of the wall. I was able to grab him by the scruff of the neck, but wasn't able to get him out from between the wall and pipes. With one hand holding the bugger, I grabbed the cell phone from my pocket and tried to call upstairs. Apparently next to the ceiling isn't a good place for reception, though, as my phone wouldn't even dial out! Who knew? I finally settled on yelling, I was- after all- a foot from their apartment floor! She came down, followed by hubby, and soon there were two of us standing on stools reaching through the ceiling at 11 o'clock at night! Hubby was able to finally get him down, but not without grabbing and pulling him from nearly every direction! Poor cat. I bet he will wish he had some ibuprofen and a good chiropractor tomorrow!

Have I mentioned how much I dislike cats in general? Let it never be said that I'm not a good neighbor and friend! :)

And now- off to bed, as I have half a day with kids tomorrow and half a day at some thrilling training. If I don't go to sleep soon, all the Diet Dr. Pepper in the fridge won't be able to keep me awake!

BTW- I got my stimulating tax check direct deposited today! I said I'd believe it only once I'd seen it, and now that I've seen the numbers, I believe it! Yippee!

4 are still reading for some reason . . .:

jen said...

I hope the cat didn't poop while it was in there. :)

(Hey, remember the mice in our house?)

Em said...

You were the hero (or heroine) of the day!

Unknown said...

rofl-- thats pretty funny! i hope you took some pictures:)

jen said...

Are you alive? Did you fall off the blogging world? Come back alive, I say!!