Monday, April 7, 2008

I wish . . .

I had some brilliant topics up my sleeve for a deeply insightful post, but heck- you all know me better than that! In fact, I don't think it's any big secret that I'm not really all that brilliant! In fact, my life seems to be at a high-level monotony as of late! The same old same old, just a lot more of it and all coming at me faster! I'm in the last lap of my first year of teaching Special Education, and have signed my contract for next year. I'm looking for a new home to rent about half way in between here and there. I'm nervous that I'm at risk of isolating myself and excited about isolating myself at the same time! A move will mean no more friends dropping over, but realistically, my little cramped disorganized apartment already limits that for me! A bigger space is needed, and some distance will hopefully help me to get more sleep (= more social) and more appreciative of the social interactions I do have, less taking for granted, I guess(= more social!). It's a big change, but I'm holding on desperately to the thought that I only have 8 more weeks of the drive. After that it is summer and no driving! And after that? I'll be living closer. Driving will not be a thing of the past, though, as I'll be driving 40 minutes several days a week for church and 35-40 minutes daily for work. Hopefully it'll balance out some and the nights that I'm home I'll be home sooner and getting up 30 minutes later each morning, which should help! In conversation tonight, I was reminded again that my church is the place that I'm supposed to be and that I'm pretty sure that this school is the school that God has provided for me. The drive was up to Him. I wonder what He has planned?

That's a little bit about my life right now. It's been quite busy! (did I mention the dad in hospital, dad out of hospital, dad with chest pain, dad with bronchitis, nephew sick, family stressed, massive snow storm in April, stay over night at a friends, 3 IEP/evaluations in a week, sell the old car, another snow storm, It's Road Construction Season, find a new house 'cuz you're moving soon!, finances at a steady boil with a new car payment, oh crap, am I getting SICK?, water running down your bathroom wall, get on that college classes to keep your certification kind of stress?!?!?) All in a weeks work for this woman!

Well, it's not really all that exciting, this life- but it's mine! I'm off to bed . . . my brain is tired. I'll try to check in to visit soon!

Amanda

1 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Unknown said...

Oh, you're more brilliant than you make yourself out to be.

I got a new job about a year ago. My commute was reduced from 30 minutes to 5. It makes a really, REALLY big difference. But I'm still late for work.