Sunday, March 11, 2007

If you ever get sick . . .

do not go opt for a hospital in Nebraska! After several hours of hard core vomiting and diarrhea I took a little tour of York General Hospital (now seriously, who names any hospital "general hospital"?). I thought it might be food poisoning, and I guess they may have been able to ease that, so off we went! The doctor(once they called him in from his home- which may have been in Wyoming for as long as he took!) ordered xrays and blood work. While I was there I was punctured at least 4 times because they couldn't find my veins(not uncommon for me). . 5 HOURS LATER! I walked out, or rather staggered, drugged and pumped full of IV fluids. They ruled it a virus. The Doc would have sent me on my way with just medication and good wishes (and meds to settle my stomach and curb the diarrhea) but I told him that as I was travelling there was no way I would be drinking anything to "stay hydrated" if that meant the stomach turmoil would start all over again. It wasn't pleasant even with a bathroom available! He obliged me with IV fluids. 3 of the 4 puncture wounds were from an attempt to find a vein to pour the fluids into! My veins suck on a good day, I was seriously dehydrated, and my blood pressure was 86/64 or 88/64 or something equally ridiculous, which made it a treat for the nurses. The drugs they gave me had a serious sedating affect, and so Ang got to drive THE WHOLE TRIP! I wasn't much help, as I couldn't stay awake at all!

We drove all day finally getting to our hotel in Colo Springs at 11 PM! This morning we woke up feeling mildly better, although my body ached all over. I pulled sooo many muscles in this ordeal and even had all the little blood vessels in my eyelids burst. I looked like my normal supermodel self . . . beaten. Ang could hardly walk after driving 2 whole days! What a woman! My favorite comment from the child, "How did we get here so fast? I can't believe it!" Oh to be able to sleep through it all!

We did enjoy the Garden of the Gods today, and I eased back into eating with a lunch from Jamba Juice(to die for!) and our half pound Buffalo burgers from The Keg in Manitou Springs seemed to settle just fine! We stopped by the Pita Pit to see our friend's sister who owns it, but she wasn't there and my tummy wasn't up for sampling their goodies!

I have some great pics, but I can't figure out how to find them on my computer, so I'll have to figure it out and post them later. I've put the software on my computer but I can't find them on the computer once I put them there! I'll have to figure out where they are going . . .

See you all soon!
A

1 are still reading for some reason . . .:

A said...

I have to make a comment in order to log into my lamo blog, so here goes:

Man, apparently no one else is as concerned with my vacation as I am. No comments, no readers. Bummer.