Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'm so busy . . .

my head is spinning! It's been a full week, no wait- it's only Tuesday. Seems it's been a full couple of weeks! What has kept me so busy? I HAVE NO IDEA! Okay, I'll try to remember, try to stay with me, okay? On my days off the week before last, I visited with my family for a while, and then went over to my Grandma's house, where I hooked her up with an email account and changed her broken outdoor light. The next day my folks came into town to go garage saling and out to eat, and I bought my Grandma a new exterior light fixture(Early Christmas present, whoo-hoo!). The next day included buying mass quantities of fleece for my new blanky- I've made them for everyone else in my family, now it's my turn! No simple project for mine though, overkill extraordinaire is tying and sewing it in several locations. Which is, of course, why it's still not finished!

Thursday night included boiling and mashing 30 pounds of potatoes for our retreat last weekend. Delicious of course! Friday I took off of work early so I could do a drive by of the Doctor's office, where I was diagnosed with "post-viral bronchitis", yippee. I had gotten to the point where coughing fits were triggered by breathing, a trait that makes you very unpopular when you're sleeping with 10 or 15 other people in a barrack style room. Upon our arrival in Wausau Wisconsin(A solid 2 hours form home, more with that darn detour, self inflicted), I was tired and ill and ready for bed. I tried my best to hold my tongue, a real feat for me in tired mode, and managed to come back out of my foul mood before too long. Yeah! The retreat was fan-frigging-tastic! One of my favorite speakers came from Minneapolis, where he is involved with a ministry called Steiger International and where he also pastors the church called "The Salvage Yard". He has such a gift for teaching! We also got to meet his new wife from New Zealand, who is just as wonderful!

After a few detours, a meal stop and a stop to drop off some friends, I continued home, finally arriving at 10:30pm. After a couple more things, I was off to bed . . . Sunday came early and stayed late. I went to visit the folks I'm house sitting for that evening. They showed me how to turn up their heat, crank their stereo and told me to make my self to home! Party time! Just kidding, who has time for that? Tonight is my first night in my new home(until November 14th, I think) and I'm still not settled. I have the whole house to myself, save MeanSteve the Cat, and I'm seriously at a loss. I've cooked my supper, turned on the TV(MeanSteve is now sitting on the couch watching it- no joke! What a great babysitter I am!) and am now in the office because I prefer my computer to theirs and none of the living room plugs have the third prong to fit my computer plug. I haven't even ventured upstairs yet. What ever will I do with a whole house to myself? One thing I will for sure not be doing, thanks to their lack of window coverings on the main floor, and thanks to neighbors in fairly close proximity, is dancing naked through the house. Some people just have to take the fun out of everything!!

Anyway- I'm 15 minutes closer to my job now, so the commute is a mere 50-55 minutes. What will I do with all my time? Again, no nude dancing. The options are slim.

I'm hoping to get that meme from Babzy from way- back out next. It'll be my hundredth post, and it seems to be fitting. I've also found that I've been trying to pace myself, not posting, simply because it's my 100th and I want it to be more than this post was! Sorry I'm not more creative. Thanks for sticking it out!

Stay tuned for my hundredth!
A

5 are still reading for some reason . . .:

whimsical brainpan said...

You are busy!

Hope you're feeling better.

Unknown said...

I quit dancing naked in my house when we moved into our current abode, for the same reason. I don't think the neighbors need to see that.

Unknown said...

oh yuck being sick is the worst, hope youre feeling 100 percent by now. how did the retreat go?

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda, I need to take a little break. Things are piling up on me. I'll catch up with you next week. Take care.

Sornie said...

I'd much rather dance nude than deal with a 50 minute commute. So what if my neighbors could see me, maybe they want to watch.