Sunday, July 15, 2007

Camping . . .

was great. It was our annual all-church campout! I had a blast! It's always fun to go camping with a hundred or so of your closest friends. I must admit, however, that I'm not a people person by nature and it really is quite a task to not kill anyone after being with them for 3 days! Okay, killing really was never an option, but I sure get cranky! The mosquitoes were pretty calm, but it did rain for hours Friday night. We stayed dry for the most part, simply going to bed a little earlier than we would have normally. I'm thankful for the rain, though, as it apparently kept the drunks across the lake from firing high-powered fireworks starting at 11:30 pm both nights! They seem to have missed the Fourth and are trying to make up for it now? It wouldn't have been too bad, except that they didn't start until 11:00pm. Had they started earlier, we might have even enjoyed them . . .

I do have to confess that I rode back into town Saturday morning to take a shower. Some friends were coming anyway . . . and I didn't want them to have to go alone . . . and okay, I JUST PLAIN HATE NOT SHOWERING! OKAY? If I CAN avoid it, I do. Hey, we all have choices . . .

I have to get ready to teach a new summer school class tomorrow. I'd better get going.

Thanks for checking in on me.

A

2 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Gretchen said...

I know what you mean about needing a shower. I also can't abide "pit" toilets, either. I love nature, but only next to the proper amenities. :)

S.B.G. said...

we're bringing earplugs next year--not just for possible late night fireworks but 5AM birds that are SO noisy lol