Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Busy update . . .

Right now I am avoiding working on some stuff, which is the only reason I have time to post! I had yet another interview. How did it go? Let's just say that if I get this, it is well and truly the hand of God! I was running late, and then got lost . . . it spiraled from there. It was a very long drive, and I was so exhausted after . . .

I am in my last week of summer school. 2 more days and we're done. Free, well, kind of- until the last week of August. Yippee! I'm in a storm cloud of busy. Having friends over, house sitting, coffeehouse, roofing our church, insurance trainings, insurance meetings, interviews and cleaning my ever-dirtying house. Oh, and a family reunion and taking my dad to the airport(I'm picking him up again Saturday). I am looking forward to cleaning my house. I spent Friday rearranging my living room, after seeing just how congested it was Thursday night when I had more than the usual company(2). I'm excited about the new arrangement. Only slightly different, but more things have a place. I like that. My laptop now has a home, one that I can see and fiddle with while watching TV. My speakers are now hooked up for the first time since I moved in November. (An apology to my neighbors for the loudness, in advance!) My guinea pig is in his new cage, I have plants in my living room, not just in my kitchen. I'm excited! Now if only I could get the piles off the floor . . . It just shows me how much stuff I need to get rid of.

It seems like the busyness of summer is dictating that bloggerland shuts down, or at least slows down, and I'm no exception. (I'll try to hang in there, Lynnette, so you have something to read in the dead of winter over yonder in Australia!) My Blog Friend Babzy gave up and joined the ranks in taking a little vacation. Perhaps we should all just plan to blog half-arsed for now, and hit it hard again when the leaves turn? (pardon my french, there just aren't any phrases that say what I want to say so succinctly!) I hope that you are all having a great summer, getting some rest and doing all those fun things that only summer can bring! The leaves will be turning soon . . . enjoy.

A weight has lifted. The work that I'm putting off because I'm so busy isn't due quite yet! I didn't get a deadline for this project, but haven't had time to work on it. I finally checked in with the Advertising Master for this task and found that I can breath easier, at least until this weekend. For now? I still have 2 more days of summer school to plan. And sleep . . .

A

2 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend. Just stopped by to wish you a good sleep tonight. I think you're right. Bloggerland hasn't shut down completely but certainly has slowed down. It's kind of nice to take a slower pace in the summer.

This interview you mentioned.. is it a job interview? You'll get it if you are meant to get it. It always works that way.

You're a busy lady right now. You're even organizing your home. That's always a good feeling. Amazing how much stuff we accumulate. I have to whittle down some more, too. Some day.

Em said...

The busyness of summer that you mention is felt by all of us! I've certainly blogged less...and commented less...than I did in the cold winter months. But there just aren't a lot of hot summer day in New England so we have to grab them while we can!