Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Divine Appointment

Sometimes I wonder what God is doing in my life. Sometimes He graciously reminds me! Sunday afternoon, while hanging out with Leslie, we went to the movie store to return her movie and to each get one to watch later. I didn't have my checkbook, or cash, and I remembered the hard way that that movie joint don't do plastic. Leslie graciously paid for my movie in addition to hers. (The Devil Wears Prada, which I enjoyed!) This plays into my story because I forgot to return the movie by Monday at 7:00, obviously incurring a late charge(not important to the story!). I even looked at the movie twice Monday and really planned to return it! I then put it in my purse to return after work Tuesday, and still I forgot! At 10 minutes to 7, I remembered, scarfed my supper and headed to the video place.

After returning it promptly at 7:00, I decided to go to the library to pick up some movies that came in. I considered stopping in at Good Will, but decided to make that decision after the library because I really just wanted to be home in my cozy little apartment! I FORGOT that I was going to stop at the library first and kept right on going! Good Will it was!

As I was wandering aroung Good Will, I heard someone say hello to me. Randomly, it was a classmate from high school whom I'd only seen once in the last however many years since high school! When talking to her in August, I'm sure she was living around Ellsworth. Turns out that she and her husband and 4 kids (I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE 4 KIDS!!!) had had a chimney fire in the house they'd just bought and the little town they live in didn't have a hotel, so they had to come to Menomonie! Of all the people for her to run into at Good Will in my little town, she runs into me! Now, in case you didn't get this from the title, I consider this a Divine Appointment. I have no doubt that God can and does cause us to remember or forget things according to His plan. (And, this obviously makes me feel better about being so forgetful!) I was able to help them out a little with a microwave(that my neighbors conveniently had extra) and some basic dishes for cooking ramen and instant potatoes and some other odd stuff. Hopefully making their hotel experience a little more like home! I was also able to give her contact info for our food pantry.

My point? I'm not sure, except maybe prayers requested for Trisha and her family? Maybe just to give the glory to God for His perfect timing. And maybe just to tell a real cool story!

Thanks for listening!

2 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Anonymous said...

YOU POSTED IT!

A said...

Ohhh yeah!