Tuesday, February 6, 2007

ups and downs

I must report another setback with lil' Olivia. I am tired of reporting the ups and downs day after day. I am exhausted because in a way I am experiencing these 2nd hand with my friends. I must keep in mind that every sigh of frustration or smile of joy is so minor compared to those of Tori and Aaron. I guess it comes with being part of The Family (of Christ) and weeping with those who are weeping. I think it also comes from the heart that God has given me for people, and I know it's often less painful to keep my distance. Unfortunately, I can't do that as God has placed them inmy life, and unfortunately for you- I have a blog.

That said- Olivia has developed a syndrome(probably from her surgery) that involves the uncontrolled movement of her body. Her legs, arms and even her little face and mouth are constantly moving, interfering with sleeping(no sleep in over 12 hours), eating and other activities, and using up valuable calories. They are trying some more medication, even though it isn't clear if this will help, or if it CAN help. This could be temporary or it could be permanent. There isn't enough information to tell.

This said, I appreciate your prayers and thank you for holding Tori and Aaron's arms up in this battle with your prayers.

A

0 are still reading for some reason . . .: