Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A fallen world . . .

Olivia's MRI was postponed yesterday, but went on today. She is "stablized" now, but coded(her little heart stopped) when they tried to extubate her today. Drugs and a minute of CPR restarted her heart. Her narrowing is so severe now that even crying or any agitation might cause more pressure than her heart can handle. They've done everything they can. It's only a matter of time.

Another college friend's little sister is also in that same PICU. Eleven year old Nicole was thrown from the car in an accident on Monday in Idaho and life-flighted down to Primary Childrens' in SLC. To quote a friend's blog, "She wasn't breathing and showed no signs of brain activity."

Thanks for all of your prayers. There is so little I can do from so far away except pray, and mobilize the prayer troops in the Midwest. I'll update you with the news as I get it.

A

1 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Anonymous said...

So sorry I didn't read this until now. I have been really busy since tuesday- like non-stop.
But I know God back-dates prayers- He's timeless, right??
Keep us posted!