Friday, February 23, 2007

Long days . . .

I didn't know that it was possible to have so many long days crammed into one short week! Or maybe it's because with the High School Forensics season in full swing, my one week has stretched for weeks without a day off. This weekend we were planning a retreat, but God seemed to have other plans. It baffles me that despite all the "warfare" we've been experiencing, God knew before time began that our retreat would be canceled due to crazy weather. He wrote the weather program, you know!

I took a dive this morning. After picking up Kels for school, I proceeded to twist my ankle in their front yard. I was sobbing uncontrollably and giggling hysterically at the same time. Must have been an odd sight, or maybe people were far too interested in the amazing sunrise God painted to notice some random nutcase laying on the front lawn? I worked for a couple of hours and then was able to get a sub to come in for me, so I could go home and lay with my ankle elevated and on ice.

God blows my mind. He, in His infinite wisdom, knew exactly what we needed and when we needed it. This snowstorm provides me with an excuse to be a recluse. (sorry- I think the rhyming is punny!) I have been terribly undisciplined with my sleep schedule (to be backed up by the time stamp on this entry!) and can't seem to catch up and can't seem to get to bed early enough to make a dent.

The snow storm tonight is gorgeous. They are predecting anywhere from a couple of inches to a couple of feet. Hard to tell if "they" will be accurate or not this time! So far we have a couple of inches, starting out with snow pellets and moving to flakes. All fast and heavy. It looks beautiful! I think tomorrow I will make home-made potato soup with ham . . . mmmmmm.

I got a new TV tonight. Life is ALWAYS an adventure when Ang and I set our mind to something! Fitting a 27 inch TV in a little Saturn with her, me and a seven year old was a challenge! Comparable to the beginning of December when we fit 2 Christmas trees on the roof of my car and drove 30 minutes . . . we are both so random! It seems a little too big for my little living room, though. It's amazing how it looked so small in Walmart, but so big in the car and at my house! It has great sound and appears to pick up 5 PBS channels! I'll let you know tomorrow, because 3 of them say "tune in tomorrow at 6" or something! It's fancy!

Movie night at my house!

Enjoy the snow, take time to make snow angels! Have a good weekend!

A

1 are still reading for some reason . . .:

angely said...

You would be amazed what you can fit into a saturn...Mandiland and her fellow once saw me move a whole, assembled bakers rack in my car...lol.