Monday, September 10, 2007

BTW-

I forgot my wallet in yesterday's pants pocket today. I fully intended to get gas after school. Desperately need to get gas after school, in fact. Was actually counting down the miles in anticipation. Part of the problem is because my gas gage has recently given up the ghost, and it's a constant battle to predict just how far I can actually drive on a tank of gas, comparing the number of miles driven with a vague memory of "miles to empty' numbers in my head. I am too cheap to fill my tank 3 times per week, and so I was hope, hope, hoping that I'd be able to fill up only twice per week, making myself feel a little better anyway. This leaving me with next to no gas left, facing another hour drive between me and my wallet, containing my credit card, debit card, driver's license, and my cash! Fortunately I discovered this almost immediately upon leaving school this afternoon and was able to borrow $20 from a co-worker. How embarrassing! My wallet quickly found it's way back into my purse. I wonder if I could carry around one of those big logging chains, attaching wallet to purse? Maybe not.

4 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Anonymous said...

Hello there. I tagged you. :)

A said...

Ooooh! Thanks, I'm excited. I must confess that my tag response time is hmmm, maybe a couple of weeks? I've only been tagged once or twice, though, so maybe the third time is a charm? I'll try for this weekend.

:)

Unknown said...

That happened to me. Only I ran out of gas. In the middle of nowhere ... but fortunately a good walk from a gas station. Yet I had no money. Thank God for phones.

Anonymous said...

Funny how the hardest times of our lives are usually brought on by our own forgetfulness (I AM speaking from...uh...LOTS of experience, here!!)

You'll laugh about it someday! (perhaps you already have)