Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I can't run fast enough . . .

. . . to shake this thing! I went to my doctor yesterday, as I was confident he would help me to manage the symptoms, even if it was a bug. Turns out, he told me it was a sinus infection. Yuck. Again! Jeepers, it hasn't been that long since my last one! It probably started out with a virus on the 9th or 10th(note blog entry dated then), kicking my nose into overdrive, and after a couple of weeks of extra junk hanging out, some bacteria settled in and formed themselves an infectious party! They invited my ears to the party. My body seems to be working overtime trying to out an end to the party, leaving me absolutely shattered or knackered(British ways of saying really exhausted) I began my antibiotics yesterday, squeezing all 3 doses in in one day, and was feeling a little better even by last night. (which shows my doctor knows what he's talking about!) I also went to my chiropractor and he worked on the sinus pressure points in my face and neck, which is a funny process that includes him pressing on my cheek bone and brow bone of alternating eyes with the palms of his hands with all of his weight. I cannot even describe how funny it must look. He also pokes my face with his fingers above my sinuses and did some massage to get things moving. He's great, but it's pretty painful and I seriously have to fight the urge to slap him! It's a good pain, though . . .

I really had to go to work today, so off I went. I managed to make it through the day, but it was rough. On the last leg of the trip home I kept closing my eyes, just for a second. I even talked on my phone for a while, knowing that that would keep me a little more awake, but still . . . my eyes closed . . . just for a second, popping open again as soon as I remembered that I was driving a car on the freeway! and sleeping was most certainly not an option.

I think I'll stay home from church tonight and listen on our radio station. What an amazing thing to be able to be part of the body via the radio, or even on the internet! I tend to practice the "if you are sick enough to stay home from work, you are sick enough to stay home from church and vice versa; and if you are well enough to go to work, you are well enough to go to church and vice versa" as a general rule, but sometimes that just doesn't work out practically. I HAD to go to work today. I have a meeting to plan, which legally has to have so many days notice and I've been trying to organize it, but it's taking a long time. Now it's down to the wire. I think I'll be more pushy with the next one. After a full day of work, I'm so tired that I honestly don't think I can make it through church and work tomorrow. I feel like such a slug, but I know that I really am sick . . . I miss my family at church and am starting to feel like I'm missing a limb or something.

See you soon. Thanks for all the positive notes!

Amanda

2 are still reading for some reason . . .:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. For many years I would have a 1-week cold followed by a miserable 3-week sinus infection. I don't get the sinus infections any more for some reason. ... not sure why. I did start using saline nasal washes when I did get sinus infections. Messy process, but it seemed to work.

Unknown said...

Here's a recommendation: You might want to look into neti-pots. I haven't used them myself, but I recently read something that they might help at least clear up and clean sinuses.

And I feel your pain. Hope you feel better!