Sunday, September 30, 2007

A cool invention called:


Eave Spouts! (AKA Rain Gutters) Yep, the person who invented them truly deserves our praise. When I get a house, I hope it comes with eave spouts. I'd rather suffer through climbing up to clean out the gutters, than to be forced to suffer the torrential downpour pouring down on my arm as I'm unlocking the door, C'mon already! Why can't I unlock it this time?? Or the steady hosing you get down you back as you throw yourself headlong through the door way hiding behind the offending cascade. I bet the water is pristinely clean and sanitary, too.

I did a little research and learned that eaves (not eave) spout is a regional term. Am I the only one who calls them eave spouts?

Definitions from www.freedictionary.com: eaves spout

n. Northern U.S.
See gutter. See Regional Note at gutter.

gut·ter n.
1. A channel at the edge of a street or road for carrying off surface water.
2. A trough fixed under or along the eaves for draining rainwater from a roof. Also called regionally eaves spout, eaves trough, rainspout, spouting.



My computer monitor is still kittiwampus, so that'll be it for now. I've got some ideas for posts(that are deep and meaningful, well at least a little more than just whining!), hopefully I'll find the time for them . . . be sure to stop back, ok?

0 are still reading for some reason . . .: