Sunday, September 30, 2007

Mid-life crisis . . .

A couple of weeks ago, I received in the mail a friendly reminder that my driver's license is coming due. My last license was issued when I came home from Utah after I graduated from college. It has been 7 years since I finished college. 7 years. Wow. My new license expires in 2015. Got that? 2015. Wow. Now, as a general rule I am not afraid of aging. 25 was hard, 30 was hard. Whatever. (I'm hoping to reminisce about my thirtieth this week- it's a fun story) 32 is on the immediate horizon and I'm not scared. Thinking about the year 2015 seems really sci-fi-ish and unimaginable. Do you remember thinking that the year 2000 seemed futuristic? Flying cars and all? After getting past all that I started wondering and figuring out how old I'll be the next time I will have to renew it. Tick, tick, tick, gulp. Forty. FORTY! FORTY! My fortieth birthday has a task assigned to it already. Wow. That freaks me out. If I were a drinking woman, I'd be looking for a stiff one about now. If I really feared my age I'd become a drinking woman . . . Does anyone want to join me for coffee after I renew my next license? May as well make a day out of it. :)

3 are still reading for some reason . . .:

S.B.G. said...

I'm with you I have to renew too before said b-day. 7 years ago I thought 2007 seemed alien and forever away. Not so!

Pink Icing said...

Sipping my coffee, cream no sugar, I was thinking.....
When I was 17 I simply couldn't imagine I would ever be 30. 30 was soooooo old. When I reached 30 it was a monumental moment. When I reached 40 I waited for an earth shattering vision of clarity. At 50 I'm still waiting.......

Anonymous said...

Tanie said it best for me. I'm pushing 60 so I think I need to stop waiting and start doing. (You didn't think I was THAT old, did you?)