Saturday, September 22, 2007

Change . . .

I decided that it was time for a template change. I clicked over to one of the blogs I check regularly, and realize that I was suddenly looking at my own blog, well, it looked just like mine, but with different words and pictures . . . I somehow fear that the dozen or so blog templates given as options from blogger just may not be enough to go around, seriously inhibiting our individuality. I like brown, I'm a brown kind of person. When choosing a shirt to wear to a concert last night in our coffeehouse? I chose brown, of course. I have brown hair and hazel brown eyes. I'm comfortable with brown. There is more to me, however, than my hair and my eyes. I don't think I can be comfortable there for long. Could someone please, please tell me how to get my own template, before I get sick of the brown? I'm fine for now, but change, it is a comin'! Could you tell me, too, how to put my picture, or a picture that represents me on the comments that I leave on other people's blogs? You know, like Babzy in her shades! Or LP and her, good grief, I don't know what to call that thing! Jeepers, and then what picture would I put on it anyway!??! Okay, I'll figure that one out, if you'll help with the rest!

A

2 are still reading for some reason . . .:

whimsical brainpan said...

Great new look! I though I was in the wrong place for a moment.

I know you get you picture comment thingy ( don't you love it when I get technical) by simply posting a pic in your proflie. You do this by going to your dashboard.

As for templates... I'd go to Blogger Help and check around there.

Anonymous said...

I got all confused too and didn't know who I was reading. Your template has nice colours - chocolate, caramel, and vanilla (sort of).

You can change Fonts and Colours of your template by going to Layout or Settings and find the Template tab. Look for the link called Fonts and Colors. Have fun with it. Nothing will change until you save it. I change mine all the time.

And yes, the photo is from your profile image.

First step is to open a new post then upload a photo of yourself or anything you like. Don't publish this post. Just leave it in draft mode.

Second step is to switch to HTML view of your photo. It will be a bunch of mumbo jumbo, as you know.

Third step is to find the URL of your photo. This usually shows up twice but I always pick the second one. Sometimes the first one doesn't work. The URL will start with http and end with .jpg.

Fourth step, copy the URL then go to your dashboard. In the right top corner you'll see "edit profile". Click into it then scroll down about halfway to "Photo URL".

Fifth step is to paste the URL that you have already copied from the new post.

If this doesn't work then go to Blogger Help. Sometimes they're hard to understand but I figured it out from there. Good luck. I'll be watching.